|Entrance to Hollywood Studios. Photo credit: Guide2WDW.com|
|Wishdrawals Agent Kristin's daughter must|
wait until she's tall enough to ride Tower of Terror!
Disney World, and this is our third week of discussing attractions for babies and toddlers! Hollywood Studios opened in 1989 as a combination amusement park and production studio. The production studio didn't really pan out, so the production areas were removed and all areas changed into guest attraction areas in the park and now hosts all things Star Wars and Toy Story as well as some really great shows and thrill rides!
Hollywood Studios has more live shows than any other Disney park, so the biggest hurdle with a day at this park is scheduling so you can see the shows!
Several rides here have height restrictions: Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, and Star Tours as well as two rides in the new Toy Story Land, Alien Swirling Saucers and Slinky Dog Dash. Star Tours and Tower of Terror have a height requirement of 40" while Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is 48"! The new Alien Swirling Saucers have a height requirement of 32", and 38" for Slinky Dog Dash.
While neither of the new Toy Story Land rides are appropriate for babies, many children will be tall enough for Alien Swirling Saucers by age 2 or 3.
|Wishdrawals Agent David's son gets a big hug from|
a Green Army Man found in Pixar Place.
- For the First Time in Forever: Frozen Sing-Along
- Disney Junior--Live on Stage
- Muppet Vision 3-D
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage
- Character meets (Disney Junior characters are only found here!)
- Star Wars stage shows
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks show
- Disney Movie Magic projection show
These are acceptable for little ones to ride but use caution and know your little one:
- Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular: Most action is far from the seating and won't entertain that littlest ones! There is also some "gunfire," explosions, and fire.
- Toy Story Mania: The cars that move along this track have really tight and quick turns; I'd avoid this with any baby who doesn't have good neck control yet.
- Fantasmic! is the beautiful night show at Hollywood Studios. It is often dark (literally and figuratively) and may run as late as 9pm.
|Wishdrawals Agent Amy's daughter meeting Sophia the First.|
Don't forget that a great character meal, Hollywood & Vine, is also found here in Hollywood Studios.
For breakfast, you can find some of the Disney Junior characters including Sophia, Jake (the Neverland pirate), Doc McStuffins, and Handy Manny. At lunch and dinner, you'll find Minnie Mouse and her friends (usually Mickey, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy) dressed in seasonal attire!
Rider Swap is available here, too, so parents can take turns riding Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Star Tours if you have young children as well as Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling saucers if you're traveling with a baby.
Susan Burks is a military wife and a homeschooling mom to a chess playing space-loving 12 year old! In addition to many Disney World trips, Susan has done nine Disney cruises and one Disneyland trip! Her next venture will be Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa in Hawaii!