Friday, April 24, 2015

How to Customize Your Magic Bands!







When I planned our first family trip Magic Bands were still in the testing phase. I was a little confused about what I needed to do and how to do it. Now I totally understand it and want to share with all of you!

This tutorial is assuming you already have an account with MyDisneyExperience. If not, create one first. 




 First log in to MyDisneyExperience. You will land on this page: 


Click get started which will take you here:



 Click "yes," then "Link Reservation."


Fill in your confirmation number and last name, then click "Next."


I don't have anymore reservations to link, but if I did I would click "yes" and repeat the previous step. I clicked "no" which took me here:


Click "Personalize Your MagicBand." It will take you here:




Click "Get Started"



Oh wait! You need to enter a shipping address! Click "Add Address" which will lead you here:


Fill out all the info then click "Done." Now you're ready to personalize. 
You'll go to this page:


Scroll down to see:


You have plain grey MagicBands. Click "Customize" on the first MagicBand. 
This takes you here:


 Scroll down a bit,


Pick your color and enter the name you want to appear on the inside of your MagicBand. Click "Save," and it will take you back to the main screen. Finish customizing the rest of the MagicBands for your party.


Once you are finished, click "Done."


If I wanted to go back and change the color, I could until the date listed. 

Next, I want to change the characters associated with my kids. Click "MyDisneyExperience" at the top, then "My Family and Friends." (This is also where you would add family members or connect with another group you are traveling with.)


I erased out the names, but you can see the characters. 
Click "Edit" which takes you to this screen:



Click "Edit" for the account you want to change.




Make sure the birthday information is filled out, then click change character.


Click your new character, then click "Done."


All finished! If you want to change your own character, you would do that in "My Profile."



Here's a great tip: Make sure you include a current cell phone number in your account information. If you have a lost child, a Cast Member can scan their MagicBand and through your reservation, they can call you!


I hope that helps! 

 Lauren Tanner is a Disney travel planner with Wishdrawals Travel. After planning her own family's magical vacations, she now plans magic for her own clients!  Contact her at lauren@wishdrawals.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment